Color adjustment of TrueOrthos & Meshes based on the already existing outputs
If the user wants to color balance TrueOrthos or Meshes processed without color balancing there are certain steps required to run.
Due to the fact that the color balancing of TrueOrthos requires to have color adjusted parameters pre-calculated, the user has to re-run the Analysis step, before the generation of the TrueOrtho / Mesh Texturing.
Only in the Analysis step the color adjustment parameters are calculated and later on they are invoked in the process of TrueOrtho and Mesh Texturing.
In the GUI:
Load the Project.spr in SURE and perform the necessary updates
Please be aware of the fact that opening an old SURE project in the current updated release requires the user to make some backups according to the info message:
|Update the already processed SURE project|
Setup your project as usual and run the Analysis step. By default SURE will calculate in the project folder the color balancing parameters stored in the colorAdjustmentFile.txt. Therefore the Calculate Color Adjustments setting is active by default. For applying the color adjustments on the TrueOrtho/Mesh output activate the option of Apply Color Adjustments. Then in the Processing steps from the GUI rerun the processing steps of TrueOrtho etc.
CLI: Global color balancing
A faster way of processing the TrueOrthos and Meshes with color balancing is to use the CLI and the Modules as explained in the next steps. The CLI method offers more flexibility in processing.
Or one can run Analysis in the GUI and the TrueOrtho/Mesh texturing with the help of the modules.
In the CLI:
- Run the Analysis with the same exact settings as the previous project. Thus the color adjustment file will be calculated.
- Analysis and TrueOrtho will run faster in case that you still have the image preparation results. Thus the folders of Init/ImgTexture/ImgMatch/Ori/Shapes/DSM/Mesh plus all the list files and all the control-files should be located in the project folder. Make a copy of the .log file.
- Generate the DSM extended / Mesh (if not existing) with the corresponding module: ModuleDsm / ModuleDsmMesh / Module3DMesh.
- In order to color balance the TrueOrthos/Meshes the user can benefit from the Analysis step and ModuleTrueOrtho/ModuleMeshTexturing. When using these modules the user can specify in the CLI (see below) the path to the needed color adjustment file for color balancing. If not provided, the module will automatically read and apply the color balancing parameters stored in the color adjustment file that is located in the project folder.
- The example below shows how to run the module from the CLI: