The orientation data represents the interior and exterior orientation parameters of the camera stations. It can also state information about the camera's lens distortion.
The orientation quality should be one-pixel-accurate or better. This can be achieved when using state of the art Aerotriangulation software solutions for example. For details on the impact and requirements on the Orientation Quality please see also the article here.
The following orientation formats are supported by SURE:
- SURE (.ori) files
- Inpho (.prj) Match-AT files (also interface for Agisoft Photoscan)
- .gori (from Leica CityMapper and DMC)
- Pix4D / Pix4UAV (_geocal.txt / _.calibrated_camera_parameters.txt) files
- Projection Matrices as text file
- VisualSFM (.nvm) files
- Bundler (.out) files
- iWitness Pro (_EOIO.txt) files
The alignment between image name and orientation ID is matched and verified automatically. Exception: if you pass text file lists of orientation / image files to SURE, the given order and correspondence of such will be respected (and not resorted).
When running a project using the CLI, you can call the orientation files using the following flags:
- -ori <path to file/folder> : for SURE .ori files or to automatically detect the type of orientation;
- -ori <path to file/folder>: for Projection Matrices;
- -inphoprj <path to file/folder>: for Inpho Match-AT orientation files;
- -pix4d <path to file/folder>: for Pix4D orientation files;
- -nvm <path to file/folder>: for VisualSFM orientation files;
- -bundleout <path to file/folder>: for Bundler orientation files;