The orientation data represents the interior and exterior orientation parameters of the camera stations. It can also state information about the camera's lens distortion.
The orientation quality should be one-pixel-accurate or better. This can be achieved when using state of the art Aerotriangulation, Structure from Motion or Bundle Block software solutions for example, whereas the information from GPS/INS only is insufficient. For details on the impact and requirements on the Orientation Quality please see also the article here.
The following orientation formats are supported by SURE:
- SURE (.ori) files
- Inpho (.prj) Match-AT files (also interface for Agisoft Photoscan)
- .gori (from Leica CityMapper and DMC)
- Pix4D / Pix4UAV (_geocal.txt / _.calibrated_camera_parameters.txt) files
- Projection Matrices as text file
- VisualSFM (.nvm) files
- Bundler (.out) files
- iWitness Pro (_EOIO.txt) files
The alignment between image name and orientation ID is matched and verified automatically. Exception: if you pass text file lists of orientation / image files to SURE, the given order and correspondence of such will be respected (and not resorted).
When running a project using the CLI, you can call the orientation files using the following flags:
- -ori <path to file/folder> : for SURE .ori files or to automatically detect the type of orientation;
- -ori <path to file/folder>: for Projection Matrices;
- -inphoprj <path to file/folder>: for Inpho Match-AT orientation files;
- -pix4d <path to file/folder>: for Pix4D orientation files;
- -nvm <path to file/folder>: for VisualSFM orientation files;
- -bundleout <path to file/folder>: for Bundler orientation files;