SURE includes a 2.5D worklfow which integrates algorithms designed specifically for airborne mapping applications.
These algorithms include a point cloud rasterization step ( DSM), an algorithm dedicated for production scale generation of true orthophotos and an efficient algorithm for the creation of a textured mesh surface based on the digital surface model, automatically generated in multiple levels of details.
The 2.5D tool has been created to be able to use the single modules contained within the SURE workflow separately enabling the user to choose the input data more freely which will be used to generate the desired resources.
LiDAR data can be imported by giving the LiDAR_cloudlist.txt path in the corresponding input field. This step is needed in case that the user would like to generate a DSM/DSM Mesh/TrueOrtho from both DIM data & LiDAR data.
The processing with the SURE 2.5D panel is completely independent from the SURE processing workflow.
This entails the following consequences:
- If parameters used in the 2.5D panel are imported from a SURE project, modifications will not be stored in the original project
- Processing single modules does not affect their processing status within the original project
- When choosing the same output folder as the original project data will be overwritten
Parameters can be loaded in two ways:
- When opening the 2.5D panel from within SURE, the settings in the current project can be automatically applied to the SURE 2.5D Tool
- From the File menu, parameter sets can be loaded by opening
- SURE project files - to apply all relevant parameters containied in the SURE project
- Controlfiles - to apply parameters specific to a single module
Input imagery can be provided as:
- Directory that only contains image files ( supported file formats Output formats)
- Listfile containing paths to image files ( e.g. imagelist_texture.txt)
Input orientation data can be provided as:
- Directory that only contains orientation files
- Listfile containing paths to orientation files (e.g. orilist.txt)
Note: For this tool only the native SURE .ori fileformat can be used.
The number of provided images and orientation file must be the same.
3D cloud input data can be provided as:
- Listfile containing paths to cloud data files (e.g. cloudlist.txt)
- Single cloud file
For a list of supported pointcloud formats see: Output formats.
Input LiDAR Cloud
LiDAR cloud input data can be provided as:
- Listfile containing paths to LiDAR cloud data files (e.g. lidar_cloudlist.txt)
- Single LiDAR .las cloud file
2.5D / 3D Mesh input data can be provided as:
- Listfile containing paths to mesh tiles (e.g. dsmmeshlist.txt, meshlist.txt)
- Single mesh main tiles (not main linking models)
The input meshes have to be of osgb format.
Path to the Output folder directory where the 2.5D Workflow data will be stored
If settings are stored controlfiles will be created in the Output folder
The functionality of the DSM Module is documented in detail: DSM
|Input Cloud and/or Meshes|
The primarry output data of the module are:
|Interpolated DSM images||/DSM/DSM_Interpolated/|
|Interpolated DSM pointcloud||/DSM/Cloud_Interpolated/|
In the GUI there will be implemented an option to use the adjustment file if the user would want a color balanced True Ortho.
In order to ensure cloud input that fulfills the requirements of the True Ortho generation in terms of inter-tile consistency, the DSM is always carried out on the selected Input Cloud data before the actual True Ortho processing starts.
Primary output resources of the module are:
|True Ortho images||/DSM/Ortho_Refined/|
|Refined DSM pointcloud||/DSM/Cloud_Refined/|
In order to ensure cloud input that fulfills the requirements of the DSM Mesh generation in terms of inter-tiile consistency, the DSM is always carried out on the selected Input Cloud data before the actual DSM Mesh processing starts.
Primary output resources of the module are:
The output is automatically generated in separate levels of details ( LOD).
The resulting DSM Mesh files can be displayed using the SURE Viewer as Standalone executable or from within SURE.
To load the whole created model using LOD for efficient display the file /DSM/DSM_Mesh/main.
DSM Mesh Texturing
Texturize the DSM Mesh geometry generated during the previous step.
If no additional outputs are enabled to be exported, the textures will be applied to the osgb mesh generated during the DSM Mesh stage.