Scaling Production with Distributed Processing
SURE can automatically distribute workload across a network in order to speed up processing. The setup only requires a SURE installation on each participating node to run a client, which will automatically connects to a master node in the network.
Within the following tutorial, we will show the minimal setup for automatic splitting of a SURE Project in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Installation
On each processing node
- Install the SURE software package.
- Activate the SURE Aerial license (only for first time setup).
- Start the SURE-Node application. For more information on program options and networking please also refer to this article.
SURE installation folder
Step 2: Setup and start your SURE project
On the master node
- Start SURE.
- Define your project as usual. For more information please also refer to this article.
- After the project setup is complete, in the software's main window to the lower right, enable the "Activate Distributed Processing" checkbox.
- Start the process by pressing the play button .
- SURE will automatically split and process the project into subprojects.
- The results are automatically merged in the corresponding output folders, once a subproject is done.
Starting distributed processing
Step 3: Monitor progress
On the master computer
- In the software's main window, switch to the Project Status tab. Here you can monitor the overall progress of the project as well as the status of each individual sub-project. Moreover, the user can monitor the Cluster Status. In the cluster manager the user can monitor the Nodes involved in the processing, and the status of Jobs/Sub-projects assigned to them.
- Once finished, you can find the subprojects results in the project folder.
Project status view
Cluster status view